The Ed Trust has a diverse range of programs and extra-curricular activities available to the community. Through our remarkable partnership with the Bear Valley Unified School District we have been able to connect with students directly in the classroom, and on sponsored field trips, to introduce specialized curriculums and experiences to all ages.
- Bear Tech– an alternative educational program whose concept includes science classrooms rooted in nature, place-based curriculum, and a collaborative teaching and learning environment. There are pilot programs currently at Big Bear Elementary with future programs planned at North Shore Elementary and Baldwin Lane Elementary. Read More
- Trusted Volunteer Program – decreases student-adult ratio in the classroom by recruiting retirees, assessing their skills and interests, conducting background checks, and placing them with the classes that best match their talents. Read More
- Real World Program – inspires students to dream about advancing their education beyond high school and pursuing careers they have never imagined by introducing students to trades people, business owners, professionals, and politicians through interactive classroom engagements. Read More
- Field trips – motivates underachieving students by getting them out of the classroom and into places of employment where science, technology, engineering, and mathematics come to life-destinations have included Mitsubishi Cement Corporation and the Big Bear Solar Observatory.
- Pebble Plain Ecological Reserve ~ Moonridge – is breathtaking acreage occupied by distinct habitats, including the rare and endangered Pebble Plain. Approximately 400 acres are being restored and preserved through the combined efforts of non-profit and governmental agencies. Currently, BVUSD students and Bear Tech classes take field trips to observe the unique and one of a kind plants and insects that are found only on the Pebble Plain. Read More